The motto of the Green Talents Competition 2017 is 'Sustainable Production and Consumption'. In order to cope with the global challenges of our time, it is necessary to actively confront sustainability issues and create an interdisciplinary network of experts. Until 23 May, international young scientists were invited to submit their applications for the Green Talents Award.
The 25 Green Talents are selected by a jury of renowned German experts from business, science and civil society. The winners will gain exclusive access to Germany's research elite. The award also includes:
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Science Forum 2017, consisting of
- a visit to leading German science and research facilities with unique insights from experts at these institutions
- individual appointments with German experts of the winner’s choice to discuss opportunities for research and cooperation
- networking opportunities at the award ceremony in Berlin in October 2017 with participating Green Talents alumni
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of the award-winner´s choice in 2018
- exclusive and unique access to the Green Talents alumni network.